Plan your CentOS upgrade!
CentOS 5 has been a stable platform since 2007, and is no longer supported after March 31st, 2017. Get your upgrade completed as soon as possible! Depending on your needs, you may prefer to upgrade to CentOS 6 or 7; the latest version of CentOS is 7, supported until July 2024.
Why you need to upgrade
Once security updates are no longer provided, security vulnerabilities are bound to be found. Even if the applications that run on your server are being updated, the server components are not. One type of exploit for older unsupported servers is a root escalation—if one of your applications is compromised, the entire server is at risk. We can help upgrade from CentOS 5 to 7, or if you prefer, you can upgrade CentOS 5 to 6.
Since it may be 10 years since you have updated your system, many new benefits are available that are best implemented during a full operating system upgrade. Here is a list of ideas for you to consider when updating your server:
- Security hardening: It is always easiest to harden a system when it is new so that it can be fully tested
- Performance: New Linux releases provide better performance
- Redundancy: Implement high-availability services during the upgrade
- Capacity: Increase hardware or virtual machine resources
- Hosting Provider: Server upgrades provide a perfect opportunity for changing providers
Schedule your upgrade
We have migrated hundreds of servers into new environments in the last decade. We will make your upgrade as easy as possible!
Call or email today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your options and receive an upgrade quote.
Once we have you scheduled, you will soon have your upgrade and be ready for the future!