Plan your Ubuntu upgrade!
Ubuntu 12.04 “Precise Pangolin” has been a stable platform since 2012, and is no longer supported after April 2017. Get your upgrade completed as soon as possible! Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr” is supported until April 2019 and The latest version is 16.04 “Xenial Xerus”, supported until April 2021.
Why you need to upgrade
Once security updates are no longer provided, security vulnerabilities are bound to be found. Even if the applications that run on your server are being updated, the server components are not. One type of exploit for older unsupported servers is a root escalation—if one of your applications is compromised, the entire server is at risk.
Since it may be 5 years since you have updated your system, many new benefits are available that are best implemented during a full operating system upgrade. Here is a list of ideas for you to consider when updating your server:
- Security hardening: It is always easiest to harden a system when it is new so that it can be fully tested
- Performance: New Linux releases provide better performance
- Redundancy: Implement high-availability services during the upgrade
- Capacity: Increase hardware or virtual machine resources
- Hosting Provider: Server upgrades provide a perfect opportunity for changing providers
Schedule your upgrade
We have migrated hundreds of servers into new environments in the last decade. With our experience, we will make your upgrade as easy as possible!
Call or email today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your options and receive an upgrade quote.
Once we have you scheduled, you will soon have your upgrade and be ready for the future!
Call now: Make your infrastructure even more secure!
Over 20 years of Linux experience, since 1996